I have a strong background in web and desktop application development as well as custom integrations to enterprise software. This includes over 12 years professional experience including software development and architecture, on-site consulting, leadership, mentorship, and management. I am a champion of agile methodologies and iterative development to solve complex problems. I am also a technical people leader and problem solver with a drive to encourage collaboration to generate ideas and execute on solutions and strategy.
|Management / Leadership||
|Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Kanban||Groovy, Java, C#, C++, ASP, .NET, PHP, JSP|
|Scrum Master, Team Lead, Technical Product Owner||SOAP, REST, Jenkins, Splunk, AppDynamics|
|Executive Rollups, Facilitator, Brainstorming||Adobe AEM, LiveCycle, Acrobat, Microsoft .NET|
Charter Communications – St. Louis, MO
05/2016 – Present
|Senior Software Development Manager|
Assist with post acquisition activities to align Time Warner Cable and Charter on their web technology front. Deliver Charter flavor offers on the legacy TWC ecommerce platform while the company consolidates their websites. Manage AEM development teams through site consolidation into spectrum.com and business.spectrum.com. Focus on maintaining customer orders on 3 ecommerce platforms by driving all sales traffic through a single AEM component on the flagship website. Manage development teams to focus on using agile methodologies to deliver work. Strong push to keep teams focused on agile development ceremonies and structure in an otherwise waterfall driven environment. Work with marketing and business teams to organize work into consumable backlogs. Assist with day-to-day needs of employees to ensure teams stay focused on prioritized work and reduce the number of distractions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage direct report employees (both FTE and contractor)
- Assist with employee transitions as part of corporate merger
- Work with business teams to define development work and scope
- Work with development teams to design and deliver solutions
- Organize release management to deliver multiple projects on 2 week cadences to line up with sprint cadences
- Assist with facilitating agile ceremonies: scrum, scrum of scrums, planning, tasking, closure, retrospectives, as well as ad-hoc architecture and design discussions
- Provide vendor management for AEM development teams including staffing, onboarding, time tracking, and providing terms of SOWs
- Provide mentorship and feedback opportunities for direct reports on a regular basis in the form of one on one meetings
- Provide decisions and direction around application behavior, system health, testing environments, and release management
Time Warner Cable – Denver, CO
01/2013 – 05/2016
|Senior Software Engineer / Scrum Master|
Use scrum to build and maintain code which drives the Time Warner Cable flagship site (www.timewarnercable.com). Continual code deployments every two weeks at the end of each sprint. Main focus for nearly a year and a half around the site’s e-commerce solution. Main responsibilities include serving as scrum master to help facilitate team to deliver work committed to each sprint, designing and building Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) components, servlets and OSGi services, and managing code deployments.
- Lead team in daily scrum sessions to keep sprint goals in focus and remediate blocking issues
- Report team’s status as daily scrum of scrum meeting
- Organize and lead end of sprint demos to stake holders
- Facilitate retrospectives
- Design and build front end components using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Develop servlets and OSGi services to serve up data to front end components
- Design and build data synching tools to store product information (from Siebel database) in AEM’s JCR
- Brainstorm with other teams to keep development processes running efficiently
Responsive Web Design:
- Work with 3rd Party and In-House designers to ingest responsive CSS and JS
- Integrate conditional code to react to different screen resolutions
- Develop mobile touch support for next generation’s channel guide
- Integrate AEM Web CMS into channel guide
Integrated Industrial Information – Raleigh, NC
08/2008 – 01/2013
|Software Engineer/ Adobe Consultant / Team Lead|
Worked across multiple business units as a software engineer and implementation consultant. Worked in depth with partner technologies (PTC and Adobe) developing customizations and being billable as a contracted resource for our partners. Provided training to new employees on partner technologies. Lead small team of contractors through customer projects.
Adobe CQ5 Implementation:
- Converted website to CQ5 for large movie rental company (ongoing).
- Developed custom CQ5 components for Web Content Management
- Integration of Bing Maps
- Develop Java Servlets to process site requests
- Create OSGI Bundles for deployment through Apache Sling
LiveCycle Rights Management ES2 Implementation with Custom SPI:
- Developed integration between Adobe LiveCycle and Microsoft Sharepoint for large hedge fund company to distribute confidential newsletters.
- Developed custom Service Provider Interface to connect to home grown authentication system.
- Developed custom web application to track document usage.
- Provided 1 year of dedicated support (ongoing).
CAD Drawing to PDF Printable Generation with Stamping:
- Developed integration between Windchill PDMLink and Adobe LiveCycle to trigger PDF generation of CAD drawings for a customer in Aerospace / Flight Simulator industry
- Integrations into Pro/ENGINEER and Microstation v7 CAD tools
- Conversion of Cadence and Microsoft Office documents to PDF
- PDF stamping of metadata pulled from Windchill to keep documents up to date
- Complied with system requirements of handling 250 parts per day and transfer of PDF files up to 100MB in size.
Adobe LiveCycle ES Implementation & Business Process Consulting:
- Installed and deployed Adobe LiveCycle ES2 Upgrade for large law firm (From LiveCycle 7.2 to 9.0)
- Configured LiveCycle Rights Management for securing PDFs with confidential information.
- Developed custom launch pad tool to track document audits.
- Provided onsite training to corporate IT department for policies set up
- Integration to corporate LDAP
- Develop application to create Technical Data Packages (TDPs) using Model-Based Definitions.
- Improved current process productivity by 600%
- Integrated software to Pro/ENGINEER, Acrobat, and Adobe LiveCycle
Provided product upgrades as they were scoped
Workgroup Manager for CATIA V5:
- Developed product enhancements as per customer specifications.
- Implemented enhanced logging functionality to assist with troubleshooting customer issues.
- Upgraded Catalog support for feature enhancements
- Increased performance metrics and product stability.
- General product maintenance, support, and bug fixes as needed.
Dakno Marketing – Raleigh, NC
07/2005 – 2008
|Development Manager / Web Programmer|
Develop custom web applications as well as worked with a team to design, construct, and maintain development on a distributed custom web content management system that allows real estate agents full control over different types of content on their sites. Concurrently responsible for managing multiple projects, assisting sales with functional descriptions and live demos of key features as well providing support for technical issues.
- Price out projects and determine feasibility and scope of client requests
- Clear, constant communication with account managers and clients to ensure the requirements of the client are met.
- Ensure that the design, coding and additional functionality of projects are completed on time.
- Spec out and develop time estimates of requirements for new applications and additional functionality.
Web Applications Programmer:
- MySQL Database design and maintenance.
- Develop ABD real estate agent web content management software.
- Bug fixes in an appropriate and timely manner to accommodate severity from trivial to critical
- Develop custom software integrations using Authorize.net to process shopping cart orders.
- Modifications to 3rd party shopping cart software to interface with multiple merchant account vendors.
- Integration of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software to export websites from submitting leads to 3rd part applications (iContact and Top Producer)
Education & Training
|North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science||08/2000 – 5/2005|
|Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH Masters, Business Administration||06/2016 – Present|
- Adobe LiveCycle ES: Technical Platform Workshop (2009)
- Adobe LiveCycle ES2 Developing Forms (2010)
- Adobe CQ5 Developer Training (2012)
- Git Training (2013)
- AppDynamics (2014)